Terms and Conditions
IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE CUSTOMER READS AND UNDERSTANDS 'THE HIGHWAY CODE' BEFORE ATTENDING MOTORCYCLE TRAINING, ESPECIALLY FOR CBT.
DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF EQUIPMENT AND INSURANCE
Bikes in Motion do not provide insurance to cover illness/personal injury or unplanned course cancellation.
Bikes in Motion advise customers make their own arrangements in relation to the above matter if they feel it is appropriate
Although there is no excess, bikes in motion reserve the right to invoice Customers for the payment of the first £500 for any loss or damage to machines or equipment caused during training sessions, should we deem necessary. A full price list of damaged or lost items will be available on request
Training must be paid in full when booking online, or a 50% deposit must be paid when booking via any other method with the full payment made by the first day of training in cash, credit/or debit card. Cheques will only be accepted if received & cleared by the day of training or if supported by a cheque guarantee card.
Customers must arrive on time to start their course. Latecomers will be excluded from the course and any rebooking may be subject to an additional fee.
- If the customer cancels, giving at least 21 days notice, a full refund will be made (minus a £25 Admin Fee)
- If the booking is short notice within 21 days of the training start date the deposit is non refundable
- If the customer cancels training without giving 21 days notice, the deposit will be retained by bikes in motion
- If bikes in motion cancels training, the customer will be offered an alternative date (See below for cancellations due to inclement weather)
- Bikes in Motion will not be held liable for any Driving Standards Agency (DSA) test cancellations or failures. It is the customers responsibility to book a retest session.
- If weather conditions are such that Bikes in Motion must cancel, all training will be rescheduled
- If Bikes in Motion cancels A1, A2 or back to biking because the customer becomes a hazard to themselves or other road users, an hourly rate will be applied, except for CBT where no refund will be made.
It is the customers responsibility to ensure all necessary & relevant documentation is valid & remains in their possession throughout the training. i.e.:
- CBT – A valid UK Provisional Category A or Category P License (Both parts if a photographic license) if a customer has an older style paper license it must be supported with photographic proof of identity. i.e. A passport.
- A1/A2 license training/practical test – A valid UK provisional license category A (both parts if a photographic type license) CBT certificate & Theory test certificate. If a customer has an older style paper license it must be supported with photographic proof of identity. i.e. A passport
- Advanced & Back to biking – A valid full UK license (both parts if a photographic license) if a customer has an older style paper license it must be supported with photographic proof of identity. i.e. A passport
- Machine documentation if own machine is being used – valid insurance certificate, MOT and tax disc correctly displayed, L plates if required.
- Machine should be to current road traffic and construction and use specification
If the customer does not provide the necessary documentation or meet the eyesight check requirements (Ability to read a vehicle registration plate at 20.5 metres or 67 ft) with or without optical aids the deposit will be forfeit & training will not be able to commence.
Customers are advised to wear suitable clothing when undertaking motorcycle training (Sturdy footwear but not steel toe capped shoes or boots). An approved safety helmet, gloves & waterproofs will be supplied by bikes in motion if the customer does not supply their own. If a customer arrives for training without wearing appropriate clothing bikes in motion reserve the right to cancel training and retain the deposit.
It is the customers responsibility to inform bikes in motion of any special needs at the time of booking training.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS
If it is the opinion of bikes in motion representative that the customer is under the influence of alcohol or drugs (whether prescribed or not) they reserve the right to cancel training with no refund of payment.
All training is provided at the discretion of the school & Bikes in Motion reserve the right to decline training.
Bikes in Motion will ,where possible, match customers with equal skills but this is not guaranteed.
Bikes in Motion will, where possible, keep the customer on the same machine throughout their training, but this is not guaranteed.
Bikes in Motion reserve the right to halt or offer alternative training if a customer is deemed to be a hazard to themselves or other road users, any refund of fees is at the discretion of bikes in motion.
We at Bikes in Motion will not tolerate threatening or abusive behaviour in our working environment. Therefore we reserve the right to terminate the course without refund if we are subjected to this type of behaviour.